Open top menu
Saturday, September 6, 2014

Halal Beauty Products: Ultimate List!



بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

NOTE: Please keep this handy blog post saved in your favourites or linked in your blog sidebar as it will be updated with new product review's inshallah.

  • BRANDED AS "HALAL or HALAL CERTIFIED"

Pure Halal Beauty
Cruelty free? Yes, inshallah
Good to know: The shop in England has a variety of products and brands. It's the first store of its kind in the United Kingdom and is the creation of 20 year old Rose Brown, daughter of UB40 drummer Jimmy Brown. The store is located on the 2nd Floor of the Pavilions Shopping Centre, London. Report from Dec 9th 2010. Skin care products for men and women, also including halal make up!
My thoughts: Fab! I hope I get to visit it one day. If anyone has visited this shop then please let me know! I wasn't aware of it until I was researching for this blog post. If you are like me and cannot make it to London I have linked their website above.
Contains alcohol? No, the site mentions that all products are halal certified

Hussana 
Cruelty free? Yes, inshallah
Good to know: Halal certified, which will be hard to find on the more mainstream products, Baby skin care range, anyone can become a Hussana sales agent and earn commission for their work (similar to Avon).
My thoughts: Great initiative, as it is something which the market is lacking. We just need more Muslims to buy it rather than all the products with the nasties inside! I have a free sample of hand cream, I will let you know how it goes!
Contains alcohol? No

HAWAS Therapeutic
Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: Made in England. Looking at the very few ingredients it seems very pure, almost as though anyone could make it in their own lab bathroom, it's quite a breath of fresh air not to have to decipher the ingredients list. This natural cream contains beeswax, aloe vera & essential oils which can help prevent wrinkles and skin ageing, red blotches, spots, acne and saggy skin. Use twice daily. Other products available include black seed hair oil, black seed cellulite lotion and more.
My thoughts: I received this from The Islamic Establishment in Leicester. I am still yet to try it out. The only problem that I found was that there isn't a website for them (hawas) which is odd. All informoation provided is what is on the tub. If you have ever tried these products then please let me know! :)
Contains alcohol? No

Samina Make-up
Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: Halal approved make-up. Medium to low priced make-up.
My thoughts: Proffessional site, prices seem reasonable for the quality products. However if you are used to paying MAC prices there's no bother, you will actually save with them whilst giving your skin the best ingredients
Contains alcohol? No


The Alcohol Free Shop
Cruelty free? Yes, inshallah
Good to know: this site has lots of other alcohol free products but the page linked above share some halal certified brands such as Hussana and some others which we have not come across yet including: Saaf Organic and Tom's Of Maine
My thoughts: Look and ye shall find!
Contains alcohol?  No






  • MAINSTREAM BRANDS







My Pure
Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: All natural/organic ingredients. A wide variety including: baby care, make up and even pet care! Lots of choice you can even search by concern. If you click their contact page, you can request for a free sample!
My thoughts: I cannot wait to try them out!
Contains alcohol? Varies - always check the label





Dr Organic
Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: all products are suitable for vegetarians. Ingredients include aloe vera, honey, pomegranate, and lots of other lovely things!
My thoughts: I saw a review on youtube by a fellow hijabi which got me searching for them. I would definetely try them in the future
Contains alcohol? varies - always check the label







Montagne Jeunesse
 (Face and Hair masks)

Cruelty free? YES
Good to know: All products are vegetarian certified however most are Suitable For Vegans, Gluten Free, Dairy Free with No Added Parabens
My thoughts: I have tried one face mask, it worked ok. I will try them again in the future inshallah. I hope to find more companies like this one who avoid all the nasties.
Contains alcohol? Varies - always check the label

Or you can DIY! Try this homemade avocado facemask
presented to you by one of my favourite online site's 'MyHalalKitchen'!






NIVEA Pure & Natural product range 
Cruelty free? YES
Good to know: 95% of natural origin. They contain no parabens, silicones or artificial colorants. The Argan Oil we use is organic, as are our Burdock Fruit Oil, Jojoba Oil, Chamomile Oil and Aloe Vera Gel...Different ranges do actually contain animal by-products to read more, click the link to read the full email I received from NIVEA.
My thoughts: I am yet to try this range, I wanted to research it more before buying anything. 
Contains alcohol? Varies - always check the label





SIMPLE

Cruelty free? Yes 
Good to know: Predominantly free of animal derived ingredients, with the following exceptions. SIMPLE Pure Soap and Simple Exfoliating bar contain Sodium Tallowate (dead cooked carcuss fat). Beeswax is used in Simple Baby Zinc and Castor Oil Barrier Cream, Simple Sun F20 Lip Protector Stick and also Simple Therapy Nourishing Cream Cleanser. Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey is used in Simple Rich Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. All other products are animal-free. Click the link for more info.
My thoughts: Disappointed about the soap, another one bites the dust! However the wipes are great and I have their moisturizing bath cream ready and waiting for my next bath!
Contains alcohol? No



Jergens

Cruelty Free? Yes 
Good to know: 95% natural ingredients! Click the link to see what they said about their ingredients
My thoughts: I use the skin firming moisturiser and it smells really nice (pomegranate!). I would try more of the products
Contains alcohol? Varies - always check the label





Superdrug (own brand)
 

Cruelty Free? Yes 
Good to know: Products are usually cheaper than name brands. I was unable to find ingredients for their naturals range online, however they sent an email about their product contents. 
My thoughts: The lip tins are a great alternative to the vaselines ones. I have heard great things about them but am yet to try them out. I will be stopping by next time i'm in town. If you have tried their own brand you can leave some feedback here
Contains alcohol? Varies - always check the label




Macleans

Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: Click the link to read the email i received from them regarding testing a ingredients
My thoughts: I am currently using this toothpaste so am very happy to know that it is animal product free and therefore halal inshallah.
Contains alcohol? No, not as far as i can see (using Macleans: Total Health) 




Palmer's

Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: Can use it whilst pregnant, smells amazing, DOES contain animal by products(!)
My thoughts: I used in on my thighs and glutes - not any more. I will find an alternative. 
Contains alcohol? varies - check the label










Figs & Rouge
Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: Organic balms, made in UK, a favourite of Harry Potter star Emma Watson, just 4.99 GBP, no petroleum used
My thoughts: I really think the packaging is very appealing and would love to try them. I added them here as an alternative to the vaseline tins!







Treacle Moon
Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: Ingredients suitable for vegetarians, smells amazing, they do charity work for disadvantaged families in Khandel and the villages surrounding it, located in the desert state of Rajasthan, India. Exclusive to Tesco however you can forget them and buy straight through their website (other flavours are available too, I love the names of them too).
My thoughts: I was gifted 'The Raspberry Kiss' body scrub last year and I really enjoy using it. You can tell the difference straight away. I usually can't stand the sensation of body scrubs but I pulled through with this one! I will be using it again.
Contains alcohol? varies - check the label






OPI

Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: Awaiting reply on ingredients, their colour names are funky. Picture shown here is called "do you lilac it?"
My thoughts: wearing nail polish voids your wudu as the water cannot reach your nail which is required to complete ablution. Therefore some Muslimah's choose to wear it on their break which is fine or sometimes to a party where it can be removed before the next salah.








Barry M Cosmetics 
Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: All products suitable for vegetarians and the odd few for vegans.
My thoughts: I discovered them at The Clotheshow Live many years ago (2003/4 i think) and instantly saw their cruelty free icons. I use their products and think the pricing is great!










L’Occitane 
Cruelty free? Yes
Good to know: Natural ingredients from the med!
My thoughts: I haven't tried them before, they are pricier than some other organic brands but perhaps you get what you pay for? Let me know if you have tried them as i'd be interested to know
Contains alcohol? No




Eco Tools make up brushes


Bare Mineral's make up
STILA cosmetics
Paul Mitchell hair care
NYX make up
ELF make up
Urban Decay make up
Zoya nail polish.
Inglot Nail Polish


Tagged

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Explore our wide collection of Halal perfumes to choose the most suitable for your needs. We make innovative products which have novelty and are unique in the markets.

    ReplyDelete